In 2013, NRM North worked with consultants, all councils in the region and TasWater to develop a Regional Stormwater Quality Management Strategy (SQMS). The SQMS was developed to help guide stormwater quality management activities by the Northern Tasmanian Stormwater Program and councils in the region.
- Provides a snapshot of current stormwater management in the region;
- Acts as an information hub for people involved in stormwater quality management;
- Details nine regional actions to help achieve improved stormwater quality management;
- Contains individual Stormwater Quality Management Plans for participating councils as appendices; and
- Includes a WSUD Implementation Decision Support Tool (DST) to assist councils and developers with estimating the size and lifecycle costs of WSUD treatments and treatment trains, and to help Councils prioritise sub-catchments for stormwater quality improvement measures.
For more information, please contact the NRM North Water Coordinator on (03) 6333 7785.