The Riverbank Erosion Grants program provides small grant funding of $1,000 up to $25,000(GST exclusive) to; community groups, industry groups, local government and individual land managers to enable them to undertake projects that will help reduce sediment delivery to waterways within the TEER area (eligible catchments include the Tamar, North Esk, South Esk, Macquarie, Brumby- Lake, and Meander catchments).
Examples of eligible activities and projects that will be considered include:
- stabilisation of riverbank erosion and in-stream works;
- construction of sediment traps;
- construction of localised wetland areas or drainage diversion to a streamside reserve or vegetation buffer;
- establishment of stock crossings where a demonstrated high sediment load is generated from stock accessing waterways;
- establishment of vegetation buffers in agricultural areas or forestry areas (above standard requirements);
- native planting and revegetation;
- fencing and other stock exclusion for site rehabilitation/management;
- hire of a contractor to undertake work; and
- erosion control measures.
Other works and activities will be considered based on project merit and subject to technical advice and approvals.
Download a copy of the Riverbank Erosion Grant Guidelines and Application Forms below:
The application period will be open from Monday, 21th March 2016 and will close on Friday, 20th May 2015. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
To assist with preparing your application a number of technical reports and references for designing riverbank erosion mitigation projects have been included under the "relevant publications" section on this webpage.
For further information please contact:
Stormwater and Catchment Officer
Telephone: 03 6333 7785